Easy baked chicken burritos stuffed with cheese, salsa, and lots of leftover chicken!
Looking for an easy recipe to put your leftover chicken to use? How about making these simple chicken burritos? All you need is some cheese, green salsa, and sour cream, and of course some leftover chicken! You can use dark or white meat for these baked chicken burritos, just make sure that you finely shred the meat.
Save & share this recipe on Pinterest
Print the recipe below, and subscribe to our mailing list!Print
Baked Chicken Burritos
These Baked Chicken Burritos are the perfect and tastiest way to use leftover chicken. They are simple and quick!
- Prep Time: 20-25 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Total Time: 35-45 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup green salsa
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. diced jalapeños
- 3 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. sliced green onions
- 3 cups leftover chicken (shredded)
- 1 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 16 small flour tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl add your sour cream, green salsa, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, and garlic powder and mix to combine.
- Add cilantro, jalapeños, green onions, chicken, and pepper jack cheese and mix to combine.
- Place one tortilla on a plate and place 3 Tablespoons of chicken mixture on the center of a tortilla, keeping it about 1/2 inch from the edges.
- Roll the tortilla up as tight as you can.
- Place seam side down on the baking sheet.
- Lay all of the burritos on the baking sheet and make sure they are not touching each other.
- Place pan in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until crisp and the ends start to get golden brown.
- Serve & Enjoy!