Tasty chocolate cinnamon rolls made from devils food chocolate cake mix.
A Simple Recipe for the Best Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls!
Are you a cinnamon roll fan? How about chocolate? If you love both, you’re going to go crazy over our Best Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls recipe. The magic starts of with a boxed deviled food chocolate cake mix, all-purpose flour, and of course some active yeast (which you absolutely need for fluffy, and light cinnamon rolls!).
These Fudgey Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls Are Perfect for Christmas Morning!
Once the cinnamon roll dough is made, we slather a nice amount of butter, sugar, cinnamon, and more on these chocolate yeast rolls. Ooh, did we mention that we also add chocolate chips?
Yes, this chocolate cinnamon rolls recipe is a recipe that you have to try!
Best Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls
A classic breakfast recipe with a twist! The chocolate adds a delicious decadence to these gooey cinnamon rolls.
- Prep Time: 20
- Rise Time: 120
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 2 hours 40 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
· 15.25 box of Devils Food cake mix
· 2 1/2 cup flour
· 2 cup warm water
· 2 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
· 1 tbsp canola oil
· 1/2 cup unsalted sweet cream butter (melted)
· 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
· 3 tbsp ground cinnamon
· 1 1/2 – 2 cup mini chocolate chips plus more for topping
· 1 container of chocolate sauce
· 1 container of Marshmallow creme
· 1 disposable piping bag to drizzle the marshmallow cream
- Using a large mixing bowl, mix together the cake mix, flour, warm water, and yeast.
- Mix until slightly combined
- Once combined, place dough onto a floured surface and knead until combined and the dough bounces back after touching it
- Place dough into a large glass bowl and brush the 1 tbsp oil onto the top of the dough and sides of the glass bowl
- Cover with a kitchen towel and let sit for an hour
- Once the dough has doubled in size, place dough onto floured surface and roll out to 1/8 inch
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon
- Sprinkle the mini chocolate chips all over the rolled out dough and roll dough into a long log.
- Cut into 1 1/2 inch thick rolls
- Place rolls into a baking dish and cover again for another hour
- Once the hour is up, preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Once the cinnamon rolls are done baking, let them cool for about 20 minutes
- Using the chocolate sauce, drizzle chocolate sauce onto the rolls
- Using a small microwave safe bowl, scoop some marshmallow creme into the bowl and place in the microwave on intervals of 10-15 seconds or until the cream is soft
- Scoop the marshmallow creme into the piping bag and cut off the tip of the bag
- Drizzle onto the cinnamon rolls
- Sprinkle some mini chocolate chips onto the rolls
- Wait about 10 minutes before enjoying!
Keywords: chocolate cinnamon rolls