How to make the best ever red velvet cinnamon rolls using cake mix!
Ladies and gentlemen! I have the best ever red velvet cinnamon rolls recipe for you to try. I swear these are like the best cinnamon rolls, and they are quite easy to make. I like usually make these delicious fluffy cinnamon rolls for Christmas, and Valentines day, but I crave them year round!
Give this recipe a try, and be sure to save & share it on Pinterest!
Best-Ever Red Velvet Cinnamon Rolls
These Best-Ever Red Velvet Cinnamon Rolls will be the star of the show at your next brunch. They are fluffy and melt-in-your-mouth delicious!
- 1 box of Duncan Hines Red velvet cake mix
- 2 1/2 Cup flour
- 2 Cup warm water
- 2 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 Cup unsalted sweet cream butter (melted)
- 1/2 Cup light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Cream Cheese Icing
- 6 tbsp unsalted sweet cream butter (softened)
- 4 Cup powdered sugar
- 4 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 10 tbsp whole milk
- Using a large mixing bowl, mix together the cake mix, flour, warm water, and yeast.
- Mix until slightly combined
- Once combined, place dough onto a floured surface and knead until combined and the dough bounces back after touching it
- Place dough into a large glass bowl and brush the 1 tbsp oil onto the top of the dough and sides of the glass bowl
- Cover with a kitchen towel and let sit for an hour
- Once the dough has doubled in size, place dough onto floured surface and roll out to 1/8 inch
- Brush melted butter onto the dough and sprinkle with the cinnamon and sugar
- Roll into a log and cut into rolls
- Place rolls into a baking dish and cover again for another hour
- Once the hour is up, preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Once oven is preheated, bake the cinnamon rolls for 30 minutes
- Cream cheese icing directions :
- Using a standing mixer, cream together the butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and whole milk together until smooth and creamy
- Once the cinnamon rolls have been baked, remove from oven and smother with the cream cheese icing
- Allow cinnamon rolls to cool for about 15 minutes before enjoying!