Easy Christmas Thumbprint Cookies, that everyone will love!
It’s that time of the year folks. We are officially in cookie season. I don’t know about you, but I love to try different cookies every Christmas. Don’t get me wrong, I love the usual cookies like chocolate & peanut butter, but it’s always good to try something new every once in a while.
In this post, we’re going to show you how to make amazing candy cane thumbprint cookies for Christmas. These cookies are fun and easy, and we just know that you’re going to love them!
Save and share this Candy Cane Thumbprint Recipe on Pinterest!
Candy Cane Thumbprint Cookies
These Candy Cane Thumbprint Cookies are fun and easy! The perfect sweet Christmas treat!
- Prep Time: 35-45 minutes
- Cook Time: 12-15 minutes
- Total Time: 47-60 minutes
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1/2 cup salted butter (softened)
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 ½ teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 20 candy cane Hershey Kisses
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Next, add in the egg yolk and vanilla. Beat until well combined.
- Next, add in flour and beat together until all the flour is wet and the mixture is combined. Do not overbeat.
- Cover mixture and refrigerate for half an hour.
- After half an hour, create one inch balls and place onto a baking sheet. (Use parchment paper or spray gently with cooking spray.)
- Onto the top of each ball, gently press with a thumb or finger to create a crevice.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Once cookies are slightly golden brown take out of the oven and immediately add one candy cane, Hershey Kiss, to the center and allow cookies to cool for 10 minutes before serving or saving.
- Makes 20 cookies.