Moms Best Homemade Candy Cane Truffles!
With Christmas coming, your definitely going to want several Christmas treats on hand. Why not try moms recipe for candy cane truffles. Your family and friends will devour these truffles!
Save and share on Pinterest!
Print the recipe below
Candy Cane Truffles
Up your Christmas cookie game with these Candy Cane Truffles. They are festive and delicious!
- 36 regular oreos
- 1 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 bag of white chocolate melts
- 1 C crushed candy canes
- Using a food processor or blender, finely crush the oreos (Whole) until sand like.
- Pour crushed oreos into a large mixing bowl
- Add the cream cheese and peppermint extract and mix until combined.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop some of the truffle into your hand and roll into a ball
- Place onto a plate or cookie sheet
- Once all the truffle is rolled, place into the fridge for 20 minutes to harden
- While the truffle is in the fridge, melt the white chocolate
- Once the 20 minutes are up, dip a truffle into the chocolate
- Using a fork, coat the truffle in the chocolate and then pick up the truffle and lightly tap the edge of the pot to get the excess off.
- Place onto a wax or parchment paper covered cookie sheet
- Sprinkle with crushed candy cane
- repeat step with remaining truffles
- Place into the fridge to harden for 10 minutes before enjoying!