Moist chocolate cake recipe made from scratch, with homemade chocolate buttercream frosting. This is seriously the chocolate cake recipe ever!
Moist & Delicious Chocolate Cake Makes the Best Dessert
One of my favorite dessert recipes would have to be chocolate cake. I love an amazing moist chocolate cake recipe, especially when it’s topped with homemade buttercream! In this post, I’m going to share one of my favorite cake recipes, which is a simple the best chocolate cake recipe from scratch. This simple chocolate cake recipe always comes out super moist, and people can never seem to get enough of this easy chocolate cake recipe!
Share this recipe for chocolate cake from scratch on Pinterest, and don’t forget to check out my other desserts below
Chocolate Cake From Scratch: Find the Step-by-Step Recipe Below!
Chocolate Cake From Scratch
This chocolate cake from scratch is delicious for any occasion!
Chocolate Cake Ingredients:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup hot coffee
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting Ingredients:
- 1½ cups unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 5 cups confectioners sugar
- ½ cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
How to Make the Chocolate Cake from Scratch:
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Sift the flour into a large bowl, then add in the cocoa powder, sugar, and salt.
- Next add in the baking powder, then whisk everything together until well combined.
- Now pour in the milk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla to flour mixture and mix together on medium speed until well combined.
- Slowly pour in the add hot coffee.
- Pour the cake into 2 greased and floured ( or you can use baking spray!) cake pans
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until done.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes, remove from the pan and cool completely.
How to Make From-Scratch Chocolate Buttercream:
- Cream the butter and cocoa powder until well combined.
- Add in the sugar and milk, and mix until nice and creamy.
- Now add in the vanilla extract.
- Mix the buttercream frosting until everything is well combined.
- If too thick, feel free to add a little bit of milk thin it out to your preference.
- Assemble the cake
- Frost the cakes then let sit for 45 minutes before cutting into the cake.
- Serve & enjoy!