How to Make the Chocolate Cake from Scratch:
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Sift the flour into a large bowl, then add in the cocoa powder, sugar, and salt.
- Next add in the baking powder, then whisk everything together until well combined.
- Now pour in the milk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla to flour mixture and mix together on medium speed until well combined.
- Slowly pour in the add hot coffee.
- Pour the cake into 2 greased and floured ( or you can use baking spray!) cake pans
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until done.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes, remove from the pan and cool completely.
How to Make From-Scratch Chocolate Buttercream:
- Cream the butter and cocoa powder until well combined.
- Add in the sugar and milk, and mix until nice and creamy.
- Now add in the vanilla extract.
- Mix the buttercream frosting until everything is well combined.
- If too thick, feel free to add a little bit of milk thin it out to your preference.
- Assemble the cake
- Frost the cakes then let sit for 45 minutes before cutting into the cake.
- Serve & enjoy!