Easy Cinnamon French Toast recipe made in the oven instead of the stovetop!
How do you make the perfect French toast? Well, we’re going to teach you how to today! Within this post, we’re going to share our recipe for easy cinnamon french toast! Unlike many French toast recipes, instead of using regular bread, we use actual French bread for this particular recipe. Also, instead of making the french toast on the stovetop, we make it in the oven. I guess you can technically call this a French toast bake.
FYI- This simple French Toast recipe can easily be made ahead of time and baked the next day. Just make sure that you properly store it!
Share this recipe on Pinterest, and be sure to join our mailing list.
Cinnamon French Toast Recipe
This easy cinnamon French Toast recipe is delicious and made in the oven instead of the stovetop!
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 35-40 minutes
- Total Time: 50-60 minutes
- 1 large loaf of French bread (cut)
- 5 egg
- 1 1/2 cup half & half
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter unsalted
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 tbsp corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Whip cream for garnish
- Strawberries for garnish
- Powder sugar for garnish
- Slice the French bread loaves into small chunks and place them in a baking dish.
- Set bread aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs together.
- Add half & half, vanilla, and salt, then stir till combined.
- Set bowl aside.
- Add your butter to a saucepan and melt over medium heat.
- Add the brown sugar, ground cinnamon, and corn syrup to your brown sugar and mix until combined.
- Remove cinnamon brown sugar mix from the heat and pour into a 9×13 baking dish.
- Place your French bread in the baking dish
- Pour egg mixture over bread.
- Make sure to evenly pour all over the bread.
- Cover baking dish.
- Place the French Toast in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes
- Set to the side for 5 minutes to cool
- When serving your French toast cut your desired portion and flip it over so the caramelized side is on top.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar
- Garnish with berries and fresh whip cream
Try some of these other delicious recipes for your next meal!
- Breakfast Muffins
- Apple French Toast Casserole
- Cheesy Egg & Bacon Cups
- Old Fashioned Buttermilk Biscuits from Scratch