Looking for some special treats for your little ones for Easter? Check out these adorable Cocoa Crispies Bunnies!
Hey parents and kiddos! In this post, we’re going to make some of the most adorable cocoa rice crispies bunnies. These cute & delicious little bunnies are easy to make, so you can have the kids make them for Easter, or the parents can make them, and put them in Easter baskets!
Save & share this Cocoa Rice Crispies Bunny recipe on Pinterest
Print the recipe below, and subscribe to my mailing list.Print
Cocoa Rice Crispies Bunnies
In this post, we’re going to make some of the most adorable cocoa rice crispies bunnies. These cute & delicious little bunnies are easy to make, so you can have the kids make them for Easter, or the parents can make them, and put them in Easter baskets!
- 6 C. Kellogg’s Cocoa Krispies OR Cocoa Pebbles Cereal
- 6 tbsp. butter (cut into chunks)
- 10 oz package of mini marshmallows
- Foil or parchment paper
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Bunny shaped cookie cutter
- Large candy eyes
- Pink Easter grass candy
- Small pink heart candies (you could also substitute pink M&M’s)
- Small marshmallows (cut in half (ears))
- Pink sugar crystals
- Chocolate frosting
- Small round frosting tip
- Disposable piping bag
- Kitchen scissors
- Line a 9×13 baking dish with foil (you could also use parchment paper) and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Heat the 10 oz of mini marshmallows and 6 tablespoons of butter on low/medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Once the marshmallows have melted about 3/4, stir in the chocolate cereal until completely coated.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and use the back of the spoon to evenly press down.
- Let set up for a few hours.
- Use the cookie cutter to cut out as many bunny shapes as you can and set aside.
- Attach the round frosting tip to the piping bag and fill with chocolate frosting.
- Give each bunny 2 large candy eyes by squeezing a small dab of chocolate frosting on the back and pressing them onto the bunny.
- Take 2 small marshmallow halves and dip the sticky side into the pink sugar crystals. Squeeze a small dab of frosting on the back of the marshmallow half and place it on the bunny’s ears so it stays in place.
- Squeeze a small dab of chocolate frosting on the back of the small heart candy for the bunny’s nose.
- Lastly, use the kitchen scissor to cut whiskers from the pink Easter grass – about 1″ long. Dab a small amount of frosting on the ends and place it on the bunny’s face.
- Repeat with all the bunnies.