Easy country creamed cabbage that you can enjoy, even while on keto!
Growing up, my Nana always had a garden full of fresh vegetables. One of my favorite vegetables that she grew was cabbage. I loved cabbage any way that my Nana made it. However, my all time favorite cabbage recipe of hers was her country creamed cabbage!
Fortunately my Nana passed her recipe for creamed cabbage down to my dad, and her passed it down to me. I haven’t changed the recipe a bit, because it doesn’t need any adjustments.
The best thing about this country creamed cabbage recipe is the simplicity. Nothing fancy is needed nor used for this dish. More than likely you already have all the ingredients needed for this delicious cabbage recipe, so let’s get right to it!Print
Country Creamed Cabbage
● 1 Medium head of cabbage shredded
● ½ c. Butter
● ½ c. Heavy whipping cream
● ½ c. Bacon crumbles
● Seasoning salt and pepper to taste
1. Melt ½ cup of butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Once the butter is mostly melted, add in the shredded cabbage.
3. Mix in seasoning salt and pepper to taste. Have a light hand with the seasoning salt,
a little goes a long way.
4. Add in ½ cup of bacon crumbles. Stir to combine them well with the cabbage. Cook
the cabbage and bacon mixture for 3-5 minutes.
5. Pour ½ cup of heavy whipping cream into the cabbage mixture, and stir completely.
Lower the heat to medium-low, and simmer the cabbage until the creamy cooks
down and the cabbage is tender.