Easy vegetarian black bean quesadillas. Perfect for a quick lunch or dinner!
I think all kids love nachos, burritos, and quesadillas. I haven’t met one child that didn’t. My son LOVES quesadillas. Cheese quesadillas, chicken quesadillas, you name it – he loves just about any quesadilla recipe. I recently blew his mind with this delicious black bean quesadilla recipe. I went back for seconds, and asked that I put it in our dinner rotation!
These black bean quesadillas are super easy to make. You need minimal ingredients, and you can top them with whatever you’d like (we love salsa, and extra, extra cheese, and sour cream!)
Other than being super easy to make, these black bean quesadillas are quick to make as well! I swear it’s like the best quesadilla recipe!
Save & share this black bean quesadilla recipe on Pinterest
Print the black bean quesadilla recipe, and subscribe to our mailing list!Print
Easy Black Bean Quesadillas – Vegetarian!
These easy black bean quesadillas are easy to make and vegetarian friendly. Dress them up any way you’d like and your taste buds will thank you!
- 8 medium (8 in. flour tortillas)
- 2 cups Mexican cheese (cheddar or your favorite meltable cheese will work as well)
- 1 cup butternut squash puree
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed well and drained
- 1 cup salsa (optional)
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat, and spray with a little nonstick cooking spray (or grease with a smidge of butter).
- Place one tortilla on the griddle and spread with 1/4 cup of the puree.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese. Distribute about 1/2 cup of the black beans over the cheese, and drizzle with about 3 tablespoons of salsa, if using.
- Sprinkle over another 1/4 cup sized layer of cheese and top with another tortilla.
- Allow to heat for a few minutes, checking for doneness every 1-2 minutes.
- Once the bottom tortilla is browned, carefully flip the quesadilla to brown the other side.
- Repeat the process with the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer the finished quesadillas to a plate and slice into wedges.
- Serve hot with sour cream, avocado, salsa, or any other topping you enjoy!
Try these other easy dinner ideas!
- Instant Pot Tomato Tortellini Soup
- Instant Pot Cheesy Chicken Taco Pie
- Easy Baked Macaroni and Cheese
- Easy Vegan Cauliflower Tacos
- Low Carb Zucchini & Bacon Manicotti