Easy filet mignon recipe with garlic and herb butter, made in the cast iron.
How to Make the Perfect Filet Mignon
We all love to treat ourselves right? So why not treat ourselves to an amazing garlic and herb butter filet mignon recipe tonight?! This tender filet mignon recipe is made in a cast iron skillet, and grilled to perfection.
Yes, we know that the filet mignon price can be a little up there, but this recipe is totally worth every penny!
I kid you not, the buttery mushrooms, and super tender filet mignon will have you licking your plates.
To make this meal even more special, try serving with loaded baked potatoes!
In the recipe below I will tell you how to make filet mignon easily!
Share This Filet Mignon Recipe on Pinterest!
Print this easy filet mignon recipe below, and tell us what you think!
Easy Filet Mignon Recipe
This classic Filet Mignon is perfect for a fancy date night dinner. Cooked to medium-rare perfection and paired with seasoned sauteed mushrooms and homemade garlic and herb butter.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: dinner, main course
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
- 1–2 Filets about 2–21/2 inches thick
- 2 cups of sliced mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
Garlic and herb butter:
- ½ stick of butter
- ½ Tablespoon of fresh rosemary
- ½ Tablespoon fresh thyme
- ¼ tsp. Garlic powder or minced garlic
Garlic & Herb Butter
- Soften the butter in the microwave just a little. Stir in herbs and garlic until fully mixed.
Butter Roasted Mushrooms
- Add 2 Tablespoons of plain butter and a drizzle of olive oil for cast iron skillet on med-low heat.
- Add mushrooms once butter is melted and sprinkle with garlic powder and salt.
- Cook about 5 mins stirring occasionally, or until tender. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 415° F.
- Remove steak from the fridge 30 minutes before cooking, this is to bring the steak to room temperature and ensure your cooking times are more accurate.
- Season both sides generously with salt and pepper.
- Add the olive oil and plain butter to your cast iron skillet and turn up to med-high heat.
- Place the filets face down and sear for 2 minutes. Do not move it during those two mins. Flip the fillets and sear for an additional 2 minutes. This will give your filets a nice seared edge.
- Transfer your skillet directly to the oven.
For rare, bake for 4-5 minutes.
Medium rare, 5-6 minutes.
Medium, 6-7 minutes.
(If your filets are thinner, cook time may be shorter.)
- Remove filets from the skillet and set on a plate, lightly cover with tin foil and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- Top with mushrooms and a dollop of garlic and herb butter, and serve.
Keywords: filet mignon, easy filet mignon recipe, garlic and herb butter, garlic and herb filet mignon, date night recipe, filet mignon recipe