Grandma’s homemade lemon meringue pie made easy, using simple everyday ingredients.
I don’t know about you, but I absolutely love lemon meringue pie, especially when it’s homemade! My grandmother made the best lemon meringue pie ever. She always used simple ingredients, and her lemon meringue pie recipe is condensed milk free!
For this easy lemon meringue pie we use store bought crust, so no need to go out of your way to make lemon meringue pie crust!
Again, this recipe uses simple ingredients such as real fresh lemon juice. More than likely you already have all the ingredients on hand.
So who’s ready for the world’s best lemon meringue pie recipe? Scroll down below to get started!Print
Easy Lemon Meringue Pie
· 1 1/4 c. granulated sugar
· 6 Tbs. cornstarch
· 1/8 tsp. salt
· zest from 2 lemons
· 1/2 c. lemon juice
· 4 eggs (separated)
· 1 Tbs. butter
· 1 1/2 c. water (boiling)
· baked 9″ pie crust
· 1/2 c. granulated sugar
· 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
· 2 tsp. cornstarch
LEMON PIE FILLING:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Mix 1 1/4 cups sugar with 6 Tbs. cornstarch, and salt in a medium saucepan. Add in 1/2 cup cold water, lemon zest, and lemon juice then whisk in the egg yolks. Add the butter and add 1 1/2 cups boiling water. Boil the mixture over medium-high heat and stir for about seven minutes. Reduce heat and stir an additional minute. Pour filling into already baked pie crust.
2. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in a deep bowl with a hand mixer on high until very foamy. Continue to beat as you gradually add the sugar and cornstarch, one Tbs. at a time. Beat mixture until stiff peaks hold.
3. Spoon meringue on the top of the pie and use a spatula to cover the area of the pie. Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes, or until meringue is browned. Cool for 3 hours then serve.
Try some of these other delicious desserts for your next family event.
- Layered Pumpkin Spice Cake
- Homemade Cherry Crisp
- Layered Caramel Apple Cider Cake
- Banana Split Dessert with Cream Cheese
- Key Lime Pie Cheesecake Dip