Easy tender slow cooker BBQ pulled chicken made with minimum ingredients.
We’ve been asked, “How do I make pulled chicken in a slow cooker?”. To be honest with you it’s pretty darn simple! All you need is boneless skinless chicken breast, a few ingredients such as BBQ sauce, liquid smoke (we like hickory), onion, seasonings, and you’re good to go. Of course, you need a slow cooker / CrockPot as well, because again – we’re making slow cooker BBQ pulled chicken.
If you’re in a rush, this recipe may not before for you because it does take time. We will be cooking the chicken low and slow for several hours in the slow cooker. How long do you need to cook chicken in a slow cooker on low? For about 4-5 hours!
Yes, it takes some time to make, but it’s so easy to make. My son can make this easy slow cooker bbq pulled chicken. To ensure that you have the best moist pulled chicken ever, be sure to NOT overcook it. “Can you overcook chicken in a slow cooker?” you ask. Absolutely! If you cook the chicken too long ( just like any other meat) it will be dry, so keep an eye on the chicken!
Now let’s talk about sides that go with BBQ chicken! I recommend potato salad, corn on the cob, macaroni salad, slaw, and potato chips. You can wrong with those sides!
Save and share this Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken recipe on Pinterest!
Print the Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Chicken recipe below, and subscribe to our mailing list!Print
Easy Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Chicken
Make this Easy Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Chicken for your next family meal or party! It’s a crowd favorite.
- Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
- Cook Time: 4-5 hours
- Total Time: 4-5 hours
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 24 oz bbq sauce
- 1 tbsp liquid smoke
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 medium yellow onion (minced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- Salt & pepper for taste
- Place chicken in a slow cooker.
- Drizzle the olive oil all over the chicken breast.
- Add in the BBQ sauce, liquid smoke, brown sugar, garlic, and minced onion.
- Cover, and cook 4 to 5 hours on low.
- Once done shred the chicken using forks.
- Do a taste test, and if needed add some salt & pepper.
- Serve as is with side dishes, or make into a sandwich!
Did you love this slow cooker BBQ chicken? Try out some of these other delicious comfort food recipes.
- Chicken Bacon Penne Ranch
- Easy Baked Macaroni and Cheese
- Easy Ground Beef & Potato Casserole
- Easy Filet Mignon Recipe
- Cheddar Corn Dog Muffins