This Firecracker bundt cake is the perfect patriotic dessert for the 4th of July or Memorials Day!
Hey there! We are back with another red, white, and blue dessert! This time around it’s a super moist patriotic bundt cake made easily using a box of white cake mix. This cake will be perfect for your upcoming 4th Of July and Memorial Day events.
Share this recipe on Pinterest, and subscribe to our mailing list!
Firecracker Bundt Cake
Wow your guests with this Firecracker Bundt Cake. It’s moist, delicious, colorful and patriotic. It will be the star of the show!
- 18.25 oz White Cake Mix
- 4 Egg Whites
- ½ cup Oil
- 1 ¼ cup Water
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 4-5 Tbsp. Milk or Water
- Blue and Red Food Coloring
- Patriotic Sprinkles
- . Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare cake mix using the egg white recipe from the back of the box. Divide the batter evenly into 3 separate bowls. Color one bowl of batter red, another blue, and leave the last bowl of batter white.
- Grease and flour a Bundt pan. Put the red layer of batter in the pan, then add the white batter layer, and finally layer the blue batter on top. Tap the pan a few times on the counter and bake the cake per package directions.
- For the glaze: mix the powdered sugar with the 4-5 tablespoons of milk or water until you have a runny frosting, but not too runny. It should be able to pour but thick enough that it stays on the cake as it runs down it. Add more or less liquid as you need to.
- Divide the glaze evenly into 3 bowls, and color one red, one blue, and leave the other one white.
- After the cake is done baking, remove from the pan, and cool completely. Spoon the glaze over the top so it runs down the sides. Alternate colors so it looks red, white, and blue. Add sprinkles all over the glaze right away before the glaze hardens.
- Enjoy this fun cake for your 4th of July or Memorial Day celebrations!