Delicious golden crispy fried chicken & waffle sandwich made easily. You’ll want to make this fried chicken & waffle sandwich on the regular!
If you’re a chicken and waffles fan, you’re going to love my fried chicken & waffle sandwich! This sandwich is stacked with all the goods!
This Semi-Homemade Chicken & Waffles Sandwich is a Delicious Lunch!
I start off with making some homemade golden fried chicken breast tenders. I then place the fried chicken between crisp waffles, along with sliced tomatoes, lettuce, and my favorite condiments.
Try making this fried chicken & waffle sandwich for yourself!Print
Fried Chicken & Waffle Sandwich
- Prep Time: 2 hours 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours 30 minutes to 2 hours 35 minutes
- 4 chicken breasts tenders
- 1 tbsp salt
- ½ tbsp pepper
- ½ tbsp paprika
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp teaspoon salt
- ½ tsp pepper (ground)
- ½ tsp oregano (dried)
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp. Louisiana hot sauce
- 2 tbsp cayenne
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup frying oil (see below)
- The rest:
- Frozen waffles – buttermilk (toasted)
- Leafy green lettuce
- Spicy Sandwich spread
- Tomato (slices)
1. Combine salt, pepper, paprika sprinkle over chicken.
2. Place a sealable bag, refrigerate for 2 hours.
3. Combine breading ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
4. In a small bowl add the egg, milk, water and hot sauce whisk to combine.
5. In a microwavable bowl, add sauce ingredients, whisk, and set aside.
6. Coat chicken in flour mix.
7. Then dip in the egg mixture.
8. Dip again in the flour mix.
9. Set chicken to the side to rest for 15 minutes.
10. In a large frying pan heat oil to 325 F.
11. Fry chicken until crispy, about 10-15 minutes.
12. Remove ½ cup of the HOT frying oil and slowly add it to the sauce mix. Carefully whisk to combine.
13. Add the chicken to the glaze mix and turn repeatedly to cover completely.
14. Place on a parchment covered pan to rest.
15. Repeat with all chicken tenders.
16. Set to the side
17. Place hot chicken between two waffle halves.
18. Top with condiments, sauce, etc.