Delicious golden crispy fried chicken & waffle sandwich made easily. You’ll want to make this fried chicken & waffle sandwich on the regular!
If you’re a chicken and waffles fan, you’re going to love my fried chicken & waffle sandwich! This sandwich is stacked with all the goods!
This Semi-Homemade Chicken & Waffles Sandwich is a Delicious Lunch!
I start off with making some homemade golden fried chicken breast tenders. I then place the fried chicken between crisp waffles, along with sliced tomatoes, lettuce, and my favorite condiments.
Try making this fried chicken & waffle sandwich for yourself!Print
Fried Chicken & Waffle Sandwich
- Prep Time: 2 hours 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours 30 minutes to 2 hours 35 minutes
- 4 chicken breasts tenders
- 1 tbsp salt
- ½ tbsp pepper
- ½ tbsp paprika
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp teaspoon salt
- ½ tsp pepper (ground)
- ½ tsp oregano (dried)
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp. Louisiana hot sauce
- 2 tbsp cayenne
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup frying oil (see below)
- The rest:
- Frozen waffles – buttermilk (toasted)
- Leafy green lettuce
- Spicy Sandwich spread
- Tomato (slices)
- Combine salt, pepper, paprika sprinkle over chicken.
- Place a sealable bag, refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Combine breading ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- In a small bowl add the egg, milk, water and hot sauce whisk to combine.
- In a microwavable bowl, add sauce ingredients, whisk, and set aside.
- Coat chicken in flour mix.
- Then dip in the egg mixture.
- Dip again in the flour mix.
- Set chicken to the side to rest for 15 minutes.
- In a large frying pan heat oil to 325 F.
- Fry chicken until crispy, about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove ½ cup of the HOT frying oil and slowly add it to the sauce mix. Carefully whisk to combine.
- Add the chicken to the glaze mix and turn repeatedly to cover completely.
- Place on a parchment covered pan to rest.
- Repeat with all chicken tenders.
- Set to the side
- Place hot chicken between two waffle halves.
- Top with condiments, sauce, etc.