Easy ground beef and rice skillet, with corn, diced tomatoes, and more!
Looking for a cheap and easy meal to make for the family this week? Try this easy ground beef & rice skillet. This ground beef dinner recipe is packed with flavor. It’s a combination of rice, ground beef, onions, corn, bell peppers, corn and more.
This easy ground beef dinner recipe can easily feed a large crowd, and for cheap! Not only is it super inexpensive to make, but it is so darn delicious!
Try serving this easy ground beef and rice skillet with tortillas and a simple side salad, and you will be good to go!
Share this easy, yet delicious recipe on Pinterest!
Print the recipe below, and try this recipe for yourself!
Ground Beef & Rice Skillet
This Ground Beef & Rice Skillet cheesy and bursting with flavor! It’s simple and inexpensive as well. The perfect weeknight meal or meal to feed a large crowd!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 15 oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn (thawed if frozen)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup tomato sauce or puree
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1-2 cups of cheese (for topping)
- Heat canola oil in a 3 quart or larger pan over medium heat. Add beef and break it apart as it cooks. Cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add red bell pepper, onion, cayenne, and salt. Cook and stir for a few minutes until fragrant.
- Add rice, beef broth, and tomato puree. Stir to mix well. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover with a lid and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed about 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat. Uncover and add pinto beans and corn. Stir together and add salt to taste if needed.
- Top with cheese if desired and serve hot.