Homemade deep fried onions rings made with bread crumbs!
Since you’re here, I’m guessing that you love onion rings. You’re in luck, because It just so happens that I have the best recipe for homemade crispy onion rings!
For my onion rights I like to use yellow onions, and I slice them into 1/4 inch rings. I then coat them in a flour mixture, and batter them. Believe it or not, they’re quite easy to make.
I like eat the homemade crispy onion rings as a side, or appetizer. However sometimes I like to top burgers with them as well( you must try!)
Print the Crispy Onion Ring recipe below and give this recipe a run!Print
Homemade Crispy Onion Rings
- 1 large yellow onion (cut into 1/4 inch rings)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
- frying oil
- Separate larger rings of onion, removing any small rings and storing for other use.
- In a medium bowl, combine all-purpose flour, baking powder, paprika, black pepper, and salt.
- Whisk to combine and coat each onion in the flour mixture before laying on a plate.
- Add milk and egg to the remaining flour mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Pour breadcrumbs into a shallow dish and heat oil in a fryer or a large pot.
- To fry, coat each onion ring in the wet mixture before coating in breadcrumbs and dropping into the oil.
- Fry for about 2-3 minutes, until golden brown and crisp.
Try some of these other delicious recipes!
- Twice Baked Potatoes with Bacon & Cheese
- Easy Baked Macaroni & Cheese
- Loaded Oven Roasted Potatoes- Best Ever
- Easy Slow Cooker Meatballs