· 1 large yellow onion (cut into 1/4 inch rings)
· 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
· 1 tbsp. baking powder
· 1 tbsp. paprika
· 1 large egg
· 3/4 cup whole milk
· 1 tsp. black pepper
· 1/2 tsp. salt
· 2 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
· frying oil
1. Separate larger rings of onion, removing any small rings and storing for other use.
2. In a medium bowl, combine all-purpose flour, baking powder, paprika, black pepper, and salt.
3. Whisk to combine and coat each onion in the flour mixture before laying on a plate.
4. Add milk and egg to the remaining flour mixture and whisk until smooth.
5. Pour breadcrumbs into a shallow dish and heat oil in a fryer or a large pot.
6. To fry, coat each onion ring in the wet mixture before coating in breadcrumbs and dropping into the oil.
7. Fry for about 2-3 minutes, until golden brown and crisp.