Homemade Crispy Onion Rings
- 1 large yellow onion (cut into 1/4 inch rings)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
- frying oil
- Separate larger rings of onion, removing any small rings and storing for other use.
- In a medium bowl, combine all-purpose flour, baking powder, paprika, black pepper, and salt.
- Whisk to combine and coat each onion in the flour mixture before laying on a plate.
- Add milk and egg to the remaining flour mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Pour breadcrumbs into a shallow dish and heat oil in a fryer or a large pot.
- To fry, coat each onion ring in the wet mixture before coating in breadcrumbs and dropping into the oil.
- Fry for about 2-3 minutes, until golden brown and crisp.