Looking for an amazing side, to serve with all that deliciousness this Thanksgiving? Try our Homemade Pumpkin Cornbread!
Yes, you read right! Homemade pumpkin cornbread! Just imagine a nice size of this cornbread served with a slice of tender turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, and mom’s best green bean casserole. Is your mouth watering yet? Well, scroll down for the recipe!
Don’t forget to share this Pumpkin Cornbread recipe on Pinterest!
Watch our video tutorial!
Print this Pumpkin Cornbread recipe, and let me know what you think.
Homemade Pumpkin Cornbread
This homemade pumpkin cornbread topped with honey butter is delicious!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
Whipped Cinnamon Honey Butter Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup salted butter (room temp)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves in a large bowl for 20 seconds.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Set aside.
- Put the brown sugar in another bowl.
- Whisk in the melted butter and pumpkin until it is well combined.
- Stir in sour cream and eggs until well mixed.
- Pour the above mixture into the well of the flour mixture.
- Fold everything together with a rubber spatula just until combined and no streaks of flour remain.
- Spray an 8 by 8-inch baking pan with non-stick baking spray.
- Pour batter into the prepped pan.
- Spread batter into an even layer,
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 25-30 minutes. (Or until the toothpick inserted into the center comes out free of batter.)
- Cool slightly on a wire rack.
Cinnamon Honey Butter Directions:
- Whip butter with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add in honey, powdered sugar, and cinnamon mixing on low speed until combined,
- Increase to high speed and whip until light and fluffy. (2 to 3) minutes.
- Cut the cornbread into squares.
- Serve with Cinnamon Honey Butter.
Love this recipe? Be sure to give these others a try!
- Instant Pot Tomato Tortellini Soup
- Easy Baked Macaroni & Cheese
- Loaded Oven Roasted Potatoes- Best Ever!
- Easy Slow Cooker Meatballs