Grab those instant pots, and let’s make some easy yet delicious Cheesy Chicken Taco Pie!
I love using my instant pot. One of my kid’s favorite meals instant pot meals would have to be my cheesy chicken taco pie! Yes, the kids and the hubster definitely love when I make Taco Pie for dinner. It’s layers of yummy, cheesy goodness, and leftovers are easy to freeze!
Give this recipe a try for yourself!
Share this recipe on Pinterest & Facebook!
Instant Pot Cheesy Chicken Taco Pie
This Instant Pot cheesy chicken taco pie is easy to make and tastes awesome!
- 1 cup Water
- 3 cups shredded Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 cup Refried beans
- 2 tbsp.Taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup Fire roasted Salsa
- 2 Tbsp Diced Green Chilies
- 2 tbsp. diced jalapeños
- 2 cups shredded Colby Cheddar cheese
- 4 8 inch Flour Tortillas
- 1 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- Sour Cream
- Cooking spray
- 7x3 inch Springform Pan
- Add the water to the pressure cooker.
- In a small bowl, add the can of refried beans, salsa and taco sesoning.
- Stir to combine.
- Spray the sprindform pan with non-stick baking spray.
- Place a tortilla in the spring form pan and press it down.
- Scoop 1/3 of the bean mixture and spread on top of the tortilla.
- Now add 1/3 of the shredded chicken, soread it over the ebans evenly.
- Add 1/4 of the cheese, on top of the chicken.
- Top the cheese with some of the green chilies, jalapeños and tomatoes.
- Place another tortilla in the pan and press it down.
- Repeat steps above.
- Place a third tortilla in the pan and press it down.
- Repeat steps above.
- Place a fourth tortilla in the pan and press it down.
- Add The remaining cheese on top.
- Cover the pan with a piece of foil.
- Pinch the edges to seal it closed.
- Place a trivet inside your Instant pot.
- Set the spring form pan on the trivet.
- Place the lid on the pot and set it to the sealing position.
- Press the Pressure Cook/Manual button, to high pressure for 20 minutes.
- When the cook cycle ends, do a Quick Release.
- Carefully remove the foil.
- Turn on the oven / broiler to 400°.
- Place the pan in the center and broil until the cheese melts.
- Let sit for just a few minutes to cool a bit and set up. Then remove from the pan and serve.
- Remove from the oven and carefully un-hook the spring form pan.
- Garnish with sour cream, avocado, salsa, and cilantro.