How to make tomato tortellini soup in the instant pot using fresh tomatoes!
It’s soup season, and we just can’t get enough of this tomato tortellini soup recipe! This delish tomato tortellini soup is made in the instant pot, and uses fresh ripe tomatoes. Unlike a lot of other recipes, this is not a tomato tortellini soup with spinach. However, it’s still packed with other goodies!
This tomato tortellini soup is packed with a minced garlic, basil, fire roasted tomatoes, and more delicious ingredients that make this homemade tomato soup a family favorite
Be sure to save & share this Tomato Tortellini Soup recipe on PinterestPrint
Instant Pot Tomato Tortellini Soup
· 3 pounds ripe vine tomatoes
· 1/4 cup olive oil
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
· 1 medium white onion
· 3 tablespoons minced garlic
· 28 oz can fire roasted tomatoes
· 2 cups fresh basil leaves
· 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
· 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
· 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
· 1 quart chicken stock
· 1 package of ready made tortellini
- Turn your Instant Pot to Saute.
- If your tomatoes are large, halve or quarter them, place them in the Instant Pot.
- Add the garlic, onions, olive oil, and salt and pepper, to the tomatoes and toss together until coated.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring often.
- Turn the Instant Pot off and add all remaining ingredients, except the tortellini.
- Lock the lid, turn the steam release vent to ‘sealing’.
- Set to the manual setting, for 5 minutes at High Pressure.
- Once time is up let the pressure drop for an additional 10-15 minutes before opening the lid.
- Blend soup using a hand blender in the pot.
- Add the tortellini to the soup mixture.
- Turn the Instant Pot to saute’ and cook for 3-4 minutes until pasta is soft.
- Add salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve with fresh basil leaves.
If you like this recipe be sure to check these out as well!
- Instant Pot Spicy Honey Garlic Chicken
- Instant Pot Cheesy Chicken Taco Pie
- Fiesta Shrimp Pasta
- One-Pot Sloppy Joe Skillet