Three-layer homemade spiced pumpkin caked, with a creamy whipped cream.
It’s time for pumpkin spiced everything, so why not share our famous Layered Pumpkin Spiced Cake? Before we get started, I must say that this is definitely the best pumpkin cake recipe. It’s completely homemade, so there’s no using pumpkin cake mix. I swear once you taste this spiced pumpkin cake, you’ll think Its the best pumpkin cake you ever had!
Our recipe for pumpkin cake consist of flour, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar just to name a few ingredients.
This spiced pumpkin cake is topped with a homemade creamy spiced cream cheese frosting that is to die for!
Try making this spiced pumpkin cake for your next gathering, and watch the compliments pour in!Print
Layered Pumpkin Spiced Cake
· 3/4 Cup unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
· 1 1/2 Cup sugar
· 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
· 3 tbsp canola oil
· 3 large eggs
· 1 large egg white
· 2 tsp baking powder
· 1 tsp baking soda
· 1/2 tsp kosher salt
· 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
· 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
· 1/4 tsp ground cloves
· 1 3/4 Cup pumpkin puree
· 3 9inch round cake pans
· 1 10inch round cake board
Cream Cheese Frosting
· (2) 8 oz packages of cream cheese, softened
· 1 Cup unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
· 12 Cup powder sugar
· 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
· 2 tsp ground cinnamon
· 1 piping bag with a star tip
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray cake pan with bam baking spray.
2. Using a standing mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Mix in the Vanilla and canola oil until combined.
4. Mix in the eggs one at a time, making sure to scrape down the sides after each mix.
5. Using a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, ground cinnamon , ground nutmeg, ground cloves.
6. Whisk until combined.
7. Gradually add in the dry ingredients until combined.
8. Evenly divide the batter between the three cake pans.
9. Bake in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
10. Allow to cool completely before using the cake leveler and removing the domes.
1. Using a standing mixer, cream together the cream cheese and butter until smooth and combined.
2. Gradually mix in the powder sugar.
3. Mix in the cinnamon and vanilla extract until icing is smooth and stiff with peaks.
Building the cake
1. Place the first layer of cake onto the the cake board.
2. Scoop 1 C of frosting onto the cake layer and smooth evenly.
3. Place the second layer on top of the first layer of frosting.
4. Scoop another cup of frosting on top of the second cake layer.
5. Place the last layer of cake on top of the second layer of frosting.
6. Scoop 1 C of frosting into the piping bag and set aside.
7. Using the remaining frosting, frost entire cake.
8. Using the frosting in the piping bag, pipe dollops of frosting on the top of the cake.
9. Cut into slices and enjoy!
Try these other super delicious and easy desserts.
- Peaches & Cream Strudel
- Homemade Strawberry Cream Cheese Bread
- Strawberry Brownies
- Chocolate Pumpkin Texas Sheet Cake