Moms best homemade lemon blueberry pound cake. Made fresh blueberries, and fresh lemons!
When we think of some of our moms best dessert recipes, cakes come to mind. Pound cake recipes in particular. One of favorite pound cake recipes would have to be a homemade lemon blueberry pound cake. Within this post we’ll be sharing another gem from moms recipe collection, a homemade lemon blueberry pound cake made from scratch.
This lemon blueberry pound cake is made with fresh lemons, and fresh blueberries. We use the fresh juice from the lemons, as well as the lemon zest for lot’s of lemon flavor.
Unlike some lemon blueberry pound cake recipes, we don’t use sour cream nor cream cheese. We simply use greek yogurt, and the outcome is nothing short of amazing!
Be sure to save & share this recipe on Pinterest!
Print the recipe below, and subscribe or mailing list for more recipes.
Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake
This Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake is so moist and is bursting with bright flavors! The secret is Greek yogurt and fresh fruit. The perfect summer dessert.
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 cup butter (unsalted)
- 8 oz plain Greek Yogurt
- 6 large eggs
- 2 large lemons (zest & juice from both)
- 1 tbsp lemon extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 ½ cup fresh blueberries
- 1½ Cups Powdered Sugar
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Zest from 1 large lemon
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Sift the flour, salt and baking soda together, then set aside
- In a large bowl add in the butter, yogurt, and sugar. Mix with a handheld mixer until well combined.
- Now start adding in the eggs, one at a time.
- Next add in the dry ingredients, but a little at a time
- Mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Now then add in the lemon juice, lemon extract, vanilla extract, and almond extract.
- Toss in the blueberries, and fold in.
- Now lightly butter & flour a bundt pan. Be sure to shake out any excess flour.
- Pour in the cake batter, and smooth out.
- Bake the cake for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until done.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let cool in the pan for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the pan, and let cool completely.
- Once cool, combine the ingredients for the lemon icing.
Drizzle the icing all over the lemon blueberry pound cake, then let sit for about 30 minutes.
- Serve & enjoy!