Manicotti made with zucchini instead of pasta, so it’s low carb… And it’s made with bacon!
We love pasta as much as the next person, but sometimes it’s necessary to skip the carbs… Just sometimes. So we have this amazing low carb zucchini and bacon manicotti recipe that you just have to try. Instead of using pasta, we use thinly sliced zucchini and roll up bacon, ricotta, and mozzarella.
This recipe is seriously amazing. Try making it for your family soon!
Save & share this recipe on Pinterest
Print the recipe below, and subscribe to our mailing list.Print
Low Carb Zucchini & Bacon Manicotti
Try this low carb zucchini and bacon manicotti packed with yummy herbs, spices, and cheese.
- 2 large zucchinis (sliced lengthwise)
- 13 ounces of ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- ¼ cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- 8 slices of cooked bacon (crumbled (optional: more to garnish))
- 1 ½ cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1–1/3 cup of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl mix together ricotta cheese, egg, seasonings, half a cup of mozzarella cheese, and grated cheese. Fold in bacon, set bowl aside.
- In small batches, microwave zucchini for about 15 seconds, then with paper towels absorb as much of the liquid as you can from the zucchini.
- In a large baking pan, add in 1 cup of spaghetti sauce to the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- Line two zucchini slices side by side, slightly overlapping. Add in a tablespoon of cheese mixture to the center. Gently take one end of the zucchini slices and roll it. Immediately place it, seam face down onto the pan. Continue until cheese mixture is finished.
- Spread remaining sauce over the zucchini rolls, top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and slightly golden.
- Let cool.
- Serve & enjoy!
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to try these other dinner recipes!