This layered pumpkin cake is pure magic. It’s spiced to perfection, and makes the perfect fall dessert!
Here’s one of my absolute favorite favorite fall Desserts. My Magic Pumpkin Cake!
This homemade pumpkin cake is made completely from scratch, and I use store bought pumpkin puree.
This Spiced Pumpkin Cake is topped with a creamy cinnamon cream cheese butter frosting that is out of this world!Print
Magic Pumpkin Cake
Moist delicious spiced pumpkin cake. This homemade layered pumpkin cake makes the perfect fall dessert. Try making this for your Thanksgiving dessert!
· 3 1/2 cup all purpose flour
· 3/4 C unsalted sweet cream butter (softened)
· 1 1/2 C sugar
· 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
· 3 tbsp canola oil
· 3 large eggs
· 1 large egg white
· 2 tsp baking powder
· 1 tsp baking soda
· 1/2 tsp kosher salt
· 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
· 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
· 1/4 tsp ground cloves
· 1 3/4 C pumpkin puree
· 3 9 inch round cake pans
· 1 10 inch round cake board
· 1 cake leveler
· 1 angled spatula
CINNAMON CREAM CHEESE FROSTING INGREDIENTS
· 2 8 oz packages of cream cheese (softened)
· 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter (softnened)
· 12 C powder sugar
· 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
· 2 tsp ground cinnamon
· 1 piping bag with a star tip
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and spray three 8 inch round cake pounds with baking spray.
2. Using a standing or hand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Mix in the eggs one at a time, making sure to scrape down the sides after each mix.
4. Mix in the Vanilla and canola oil until combined.
5. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, ground cinnamon , ground nutmeg, ground cloves in a large mixing bowl.
6. Whisk until combined.
7. Gradually add in the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients until combined.
8. Evenly divide the batter between the three cake pans.
9. Bake in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
10. Allow to cool completely before removing the pans
11. Cinnamon Cream Cheese frosting directions :
12. Use a mixer and cream together the cream cheese and butter until smooth and combined.
13. Gradually mix in the powder sugar.
14. Mix in the cinnamon and vanilla extract until icing is smooth.
BUILDING THE CAKE
1. Place the first layer of cake onto the the cake board.
2. Scoop 1 C of frosting onto the cake layer and smooth evenly.
3. Place the second layer on top of the first layer of frosting.
4. Scoop another cup of frosting on top of the second cake layer.
5. Place the last layer of cake on top of the second layer of frosting.
6. Scoop 1 C of frosting into the piping bag and set aside.
7. Using the remaining frosting, frost entire cake.
8. Using the frosting in the piping bag, pipe dollops of frosting on the top of the cake.
9. Cut into slices and enjoy!
You’ll love these other amazing desserts as well!
- Mom’s Banana Cake Recipe
- Strawberry Margarita Jello Cake
- Mom’s Best Angel Food Cake
- Toffee Caramel Cheesecake with Oreo Crust