Sweet moist homemade churro cupcakes topped with vanilla frosting!
It’s time for a cupcake recipe, but not just any cupcakes! We’re going to show you how to make homemade moist churro cupcakes. These easy fluffy churro cupcakes are perfect any time of the year. You’re family and friends will love these!
Share & save the recipe on Pinterest
Print the recipe below, and subscribe to our mailing list.Print
Moist Homemade Churro Cupcakes
These fluffy & moist homemade churro cupcakes are topped with a sweet vanilla frosting and mini churro! The perfect party treat.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted sweet cream butter (softened)
- 1 large egg (room temperature)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 plus
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 plus 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
Toppings for cupcakes
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup unsalted sweet cream butter
- 3 cup powder sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 5 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F, and line cupcake pan with liners.
- In a standing mixer beat sugar and butter until creamed
- Add egg and mix until fully incorporated
- Add in the vanilla extract, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- And in the heavy cream, and mix until well incorporated.
- Now add in flour, but a little at a time.
- Next, add in the sour cream.
- Mix until the batter is smooth.
- Now spoon the cupcake batter into the cupcake liners, and fill up about 1/2 way.
- Bake in oven for about 22 minutes or until the center of the cupcake comes out clean with a toothpick.
- melt the 1/4 cup of butter, and set aside.
- Dip the top of the cupcakes into the melted butter and then dip it into the cinnamon sugar mix
- Combine all ingredients into a standing mixer and mix on low speed until combined and stiff peaks form.
- Scoop frosting into a piping bag fitted with a star tip.
- add the sugar and 2 tbsp of cinnamon into another bowl and mix
- frost the cupcakes with the cinnamon frosting and top with churros.
If you liked these cupcakes, don’t miss these other desserts!