Delicious from scratch Angel Food Cake! You won’t believe how light and fluffy this homemade cake is!
Any angel food cake lovers out there? I simply can never get enough of angel food cake, especially my mom’s best ever angel food cake recipe, which I just happened to inherit! Mom’s best angel food cake always comes out so light, soft, and fluffy. It’s simply heaven sent!
My mother always topped her from scratch angel food cake with fresh berries and whipped cream so I do the same.
The best angel food cake pan to use is either a tube pan or a bundt pan. Both work wonderfully.
Try this recipe for angel food cake is the best you will ever find, so search no more, and try it asap.
Be sure to save this Angel Food Cake Recipe on Pinterest, and follow us on Facebook!
Check out our video tutorial for this Angel Food Cake recipe.Print
Mom’s Best Angel Food Cake
This delicious and easy angel food cake will become a quick favorite!
- Prep Time: 25-30 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Total Time: 85-90 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups cake flour
- 1 3/4 cups white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 medium-sized eggs (egg whites only!)
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- Beat egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
- Next add in the cream of tartar, followed by the vanilla extract, and almond extract.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, and salt. Whisk the ingredients until well incorporated, and lump-free.
- Slowly combine the egg whites with the dry ingredients, and mix until well incorporated, but be sure to not over mix.
- Next, pour the cake batter into a nonstick tube pan or bundt.
- Place cake pan in the oven then set the oven to 325 F.
- Bake the cake for about one hour, or until done.
- Flip the cake pan upside down, and let the cake cool in the pan while on a cooling rack.
- Once cooled, remove the cake from the pan.
- Serve with whipped cream and fresh fruit.
Did you love this angel food cake? Make your family some of these other delicious desserts!
- Strawberries & Cream Fudge
- Homemade Cherry Crisp
- Banana Split Dessert with Cheesecake
- Peaches & Cream Strudel
- Key Lime Pie Cheesecake Dip