Delicious from scratch Angel Food Cake! You won’t believe how light and fluffy this homemade cake is!
Any angel food cake lovers out there? I simply can never get enough of angel food cake, especially my moms best ever angel food cake recipe, which I just happened to inherit! Mom’s best angel food cake always comes out so light, soft, and fluffy. It’s simply heaven sent!
My mother always topped her from scratch angel food cake with fresh berries, and whipped cream so I do the same.
The best angel food cake pan to use is either a tube pan, or a bundt pan. Both work wonderfully.
Try this recipe for angel food cake is the best you will ever find, so search no more, and try it asap.
Be sure to save this PIN on Pinterest, and follow us on Facebook!
Check out our video tutorial for this recipe
Mom's Best Angel Food Cake
- 1 1/4 cups cake flour
- 1 3/4 cups white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 medium sized eggs (egg whites only!)
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- Beat egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
- Next add in the cream of tartar, followed by the vanilla extract, and almond extract.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, and salt. Whisk the ingredients until well incorporated, and lump free.
- Slowly combine the egg whites with the dry ingredients, and mix until well incorporated, but be sure to not over mix.
- Next, pour the cake batter into a nonstick tube pan or bundt.
- Place cake pan in the oven, then turn the oven set the oven to 325 F.
- Bake the cake for about one hour, or until done.
- Flip the cake pan upside down, and let the cake to cool in the pan while on a cooling rack.
- Once cooled, remove the cake from pan.
- Serve with whipped cream and fresh fruit.