Mom’s Best Old-Fashioned Buttermilk Biscuits are the absolute best. Everyone loves this recipe!
I absolutely love these buttermilk biscuits. There is just something about the combination of the ingredients that create some of the most delicious and fluffy biscuits that literally melt in your mouth.
Trust me when I say that I’ve tried and failed numerous times to find a biscuit recipe that I can actually create from start to finish. This recipe took that fear away and I had literally no issues creating these perfect old-fashioned buttermilk biscuits.
What I love most about making my own biscuits from scratch is that I can make them whenever I want, to go with any meal that I cook. I love cooking up a fresh batch of biscuits for a stellar breakfast of biscuits and gravy or I’ve been known to make a mean biscuit in the winter as well to dip into my soup. (talk about a match made in taste bud heaven!)
Trust me when I say that this biscuit delivers the flavor each and every time!
If you are looking for an old-fashioned biscuit that is certain to be the perfect side for any meal, this recipe is the one for you!
Pin this recipe for later!
Watch our video tutorial
Old Fashioned Buttermilk Biscuits
These old fashioned buttermilk biscuits are the absolute best, everyone loves this recipe!
- 2 cups flour (spooned into measuring cup)
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt (omit if using salted butter)
- 6 tablespoons butter (cold)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Prepare a baking sheet.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt to a large mixing bowl, whisk together until combined.
- Cut butter into cubes, and add to the flour.
- Either using your hands or a pastry blender, combined butter with the flour.
- Pour in the buttermilk, mix until just combined.
- Flour a large surface and pat dough until about a ½’’ thick.
- Cut into biscuits and place on prepared baking sheet, flat side down.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.