Homemade peach & cream strudel, made with fresh peaches. Makes an amazing dessert or treat!
You can probably tell my now how much we love peach desserts, and beverages. So it should be no surprised that we have another peach recipe. This time we’re making a peaches & cream strudel!
Share & save this recipe on Pinterest
Print this recipe, and subscribe to our mailing list
Peaches and Cream Strudel
This Peaches and Cream Strudel makes an impressive addition to any Sunday Brunch! You’ll love the tender peaches with sweet cream cheese and flaky pastry.
- 1 piece puff pastry dough (thawed but still cold)
- 2 cups peaches (peeled and sliced)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 oz cream cheese (softened)
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Egg wash
- Coarse sugar (optional)
- Garnish: Powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set the puff pastry in the center. Cover with a cloth until ready to assemble so that the dough does not dry out.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the peaches, flour cinnamon and brown sugar. Toss to coat the peaches.
- In a smaller bowl, beat together the cream cheese, white sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy.
- Using a sharp knife, slice 9 even slices on each side of the pastry, leaving the center intact.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture gently on the center of the dough.
- Place the peaches on top of the cream cheese mixture in the center of the dough.
- Bring the a “finger” of dough from both the left and right sides to the center and pinch together. Repeat until the the dough is all overlapping.
- Brush the pastry with the egg wash. Sprinkle with coarse sugar, if desired.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the pastry is golden brown. Serve warm or cold with a dusting of powdered sugar, if desired.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.