Potato chip marshmallow treats with pretzels, and chocolates pieces. Perfect for parties!
A Fun Recipe for Potato Chip Marshmallow Treats AKA Trash Bars!
When we were growing up rice crispy treats were the craze. While kids still can’t get enough of the rice crispy treats, there’s a new boss in town, and it goes by many names. We call them Potato Chip Marshmallow Treats; however, they are also known as trash treats, or trash can treat!
Kids love these sweet and salty treat bars. They are made of potato chips, marshmallows, pretzels and m&ms.
These bars are perfect for kid parties and school lunch desserts!
Share & save this recipe on Pinterest !
Print the recipe below, subscribe to our mailing list and follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest!
Potato Chip Marshmallow Treats aka Trash Bars
These sweet and salty treats are great for parties. Also known as Trash Bars, they’re perfect for school lunches, kids parties, or school bake sales.
- 3 tbsp butter (unsalted)
- 16 oz bag of mini marshmallows
- 4 cups potato chips (crushed)
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 1 cup M&M’s (divided)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (divided)
- Nonstick spray
- Place parchment paper into glass pan and and spray the parchment paper with the pam spray
- In a large pot, melt the 3 tbsp of butter
Once butter is melted, mix in the mini marshmallows. Mix until the marshmallows are melted.
- Pour in the chips, pretzels, and 1/2 cup of M&M’s and mix until well combined.
- Spray a 9×13 bake dish with nonstick spray, then add in the mixture.
- Flatten using a spatula.
- Sprinkle the remaining of the M&M’s and 1/2 cup of chocolate chips on top.
- Melt the remaining of the chocolate chips, and drizzle on top.
- Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Cut into bars.
- Serve & enjoy!