Moms recipe for simple delicious moist roast chicken, using simple basic ingredients that you already have!
Remember those amazing chicken dinners that mom made when you were growing up? I think one of our favorites would have to be moms simple roast chicken recipe. Mom usually made her simple roast chicken during the weekdays, and served it with roast potatoes. She never went overboard with the seasonings. She always simple seasonings such as seasoning salt ( sometimes regular salt!) freshly ground black pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. She even added a little bit of poultry seasoning to make the roast chicken even more yummy.
Moms chicken simple roast chicken was, and still is a family favorite in our household. We love making it, if we have any leftover, which we rarely do, we like to make chicken casserole with it
This no fail roast chicken recipe is super moist, and extremely flavorful. Try making it for your family, and be sure to let us know how it turns out for you!
Save & share this recipe on Pinterest
Print the recipe below, and subscribe to our mailing list for more free recipes!
Simple Roast Chicken
This no-fail recipe for Simple Roast Chicken will surely become a family favorite! It’s tender, savory and so easy.
- 6 lb whole chicken (giblets & etc removed)
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp salted butter (melted)
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Clean the chicken thoroughly, then pat dry.
- Combine all the seasonings in a small bowl, then set to the side.
- Pour the melted butter all over the chicken.
- Season the chicken with the seasoning mixture. Be sure to season the chicken cavity as well!
- Place the chicken on the rack, leave uncovered, and roast for about 1 hour and 15 minutes to 1 hour- 30 minutes. Be sure to baste the chicken every 30 minutes!
- Once done remove from the oven, and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite sides.