Southern style sweet peach iced tea made with fresh or frozen peaches.
What’s better than souther sweet tea? Southern Peach Iced Tea! We absolutely love sweet peach iced tea in our home, and of course we prefer the homemade stuff over the powdered, and canned iced teas. Our southern iced tea is made with real peaches, black tea, water, and sugar. It’s the real deal, and everyone that we serve it to loves it.
This southern peach iced tea recipe is made with frozen peaches. Why? Because they are less expensive, and they’re also easy to find. However, if you’d like to use fresh peaches for your southern peach iced tea, you can certainly do so.
This peach ice tea is made with 4 family sized black tea bags. If you find that the iced tea is a tad bit too strong for you, you can add more water.
Save & share this recipe on Pinterest
Print the recipe below, and subscribe to our mailing list
Southern Peach Iced Tea
Homemade southern peach iced tea made using fresh OR frozen peaches. Perfect for a hot summer day.
- For Peach Syrup
- 4 ½ cups frozen sliced peaches
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 family-sized black tea bags
- 5 ½ cups water
- In a large saucepan, add peaches, water and sugar.
- Let cook over medium heat, and bring to a simmer.
- Cook for about 15 minutes.
- Use a masher to mash the peaches as they soften.
- Let cook for about 10 more minutes.
- Strain the peach mixture, then set aside, and get toss the peach pieces, then set to the side.
- Boil 5 1/2 cups of water, then remove from the heat.
- Place the tea bags in the water and and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Pour the peach syrup into the pot of tea.
- Mix until well combined.
- Refrigerate until the southern peach iced tea is nice and cold.
- Fill glasses up with ice, then pour in the tea
- Serve & enjoy!