Easy delicious strawberry dumplings made with crescent rolls, or you can even use canned biscuits!
Looking for an easy strawberry dessert recipe? Try this easy strawberry dumpling recipe, you won’t be sorry! You only need a few ingredients, and all are pretty easy to find at your local grocery store.
We like to use fresh strawberries for this recipe, but if you can’t find any fresh berries, feel free to use frozen- it will work fine! Also, for our dumplings canned crescent rolls will be used. Keep in mind that canned biscuit will do the trick as well. Just be sure to cut the biscuits in thin flat strips, and that should do it!
Share & save this recipe on Pinterest!
Print the recipe below, and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list.
Strawberry Dumplings made with Crescent Rolls
Fresh strawberry slices rolled up in crescent rolls (or canned biscuits) and baked with brown sugar and butter. A sweet treat!
- 8 large strawberries (chopped)
- 8 oz canned crescents
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 6 oz lemon lime soda
- Preheat oven to 350 F
Butter a 10×10 baking dish and set aside.
- Open and unroll the crescent dough; working individually, take each triangle and place approximately 1 Tablespoon of chopped strawberries and place along the shortest end.
- Carefully roll the crescent so that the strawberries remain in the middle.
- Place the crescent in the baking dish and repeat with all crescent triangles.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir occasionally to combine. Once the butter is melted, continue to cook for just one minute to thicken, then remove from heat and pour over the crescents.
Pour the lemon lime in the corners of the baking dish to avoid disturbing the brown sugar topping.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and let cool.
- Serve alone or with ice cream.