Easy Stuffed Jambalaya Peppers, that no one can resist!
Let it be known that I love Jambalaya. The flavors, the combination of the spices, and the ability to make it a bit spicier if I choose are what keep me coming back to this awesome dish. When I discovered the amazing option to keep that flavor that I loved, but have it packaged up nice and neat in a pepper, I knew that this recipe for Jambalaya Peppers was a hit.
Think about the key to tasting that “perfect” bite of Jambalaya. It’s getting a spoon (or forkful!) of all the ingredients and flavors all in one bite, right? With this Jambalaya Pepper recipe, you get that perfect bite each and every time.
The key is finding the perfect sized pepper to fit all the goodness inside. While you can choose between a red or green pepper, I find that the red pepper adds a bit of extra sweetness to the overall flavor. Plus, it looks great and enticing as well!
The next time that you are craving some of that amazing Jambalaya, give this recipe a try. It’s unique, it’s fun, it’s full of flavors that hit all your taste buds and it’s one of those recipes that will keep you coming back for more each and every time.
Stuffed Jambalaya Peppers
These easy stuffed jambalaya peppers are busting with flavors no one can resist!
- Prep Time: 20-25 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 45-50 minutes
- 1 lb. of Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast (diced)
- 1/2 a package of Smoked Sausage (diced)
- 2 bags of Jambalaya Microwaveable Rice
- 2 Green Peppers
- 2 Red Peppers
- 1 tsp Seasoned Salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Dried Basil
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 2 Tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
- Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon of Hot Sauce (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Cut off the top of all of your peppers and clean out the insides.
- Dice up the eatable part of the tops of each pepper.
- Rinse, and set aside in a greased baking pan.
- In a large skillet, add vegetable oil, chicken, and sausage.
- Fry in a skillet until slightly brown.
- Add in your red and green diced peppers, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, seasoned salt, basil, and hot sauce. Continue browning meat and sauteing peppers, until both are done. Remove from heat.
- Microwave rice according to package instructions.
- Add cooked rice into your skillet.
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Stuff each pepper with mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Add shredded Pepper Jack Cheese to the top of each pepper, and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Looking for more go-to dinner recipes? Check out the list below!
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Penne
- Low Carb Fried Chicken
- Mom’s Best Turkey Meatloaf Recipe with Spinach
- Steak and Shrimp Fajita Sheet Pan Dinner