Yummy stuffed shells filled with ricotta, sausage, and spinach. Serve this pasta with a side salad, and you have a complete dinner!
Pasta lovers, we have the most amazing recipe for you to try. We’re going to be sharing our stuffed shells recipe with spinach, ricotta, and sausage. For this recipe you’ll need jumbo pasta shells, spinach ( fresh or frozen will do), your favorite spaghetti sauce, and a few more ingredients.
This recipe for stuffed shells with ricotta & sausage, remind us so much of lasagna. Its taste very similar, but it’s easier to make because we don’t have to do all of the layering.
Save & share this recipe on Pinterest
Print the recipe below, and subscribe to our mailing list!
Stuffed Shells with Ricotta & Sausage
Impress your guests with this recipe for Stuffed Shells with Ricotta & Sausage. They are so savory and cheesy!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Italian
- 24 Large pasta shells
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 26 oz jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 5 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 medium sized onion (diced)
- 15 oz Ricotta cheese
- 1 ½ lb mild italian sausage
- 2 ½ cups Mozzarella (shredded)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium pan, cook and brown the sausage.
- Toss in the onions, and cook for 5 minutes. Then add in the garlic.
- Now add in the spinach and continue cooking until it wilts. Once done turn off the heat, and set aside.
- Boil shells until al dente’, then drain and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl add in the ricotta cheese and sausage/spinach mixture.
- Add in the italian seasoning and 1 ½ cups mozzarella, and mix well again.
- Layer ½ cup to 1 cup of sauce on bottom of baking dish.
- Take each shell individually and fill with generous amount of mixture, place all in baking dish on top of sauce.
- Pour over all of the remaining sauce to coat each shell in the baking dish.
- Top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 25 mins or until brown and bubbly.
- Serve & Enjoy!!